About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
I suck at bios. Am horrible at telling interesting things about myself without embarassing myself at the same time. So I stick to the basics: My mind is forever active; always thinking and asking questions. I enjoy reading. Love writing. But if it were up to me, I'd love for a lifetime because love, is an animal that as untamed as it is, it's perfect.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Point of It All

I've finally decided after writing for over ten years, going to school (high school and college) for it, and constantly perfecting and critiquing this skill, to host and run a blog. It's always been something that I've wanted to do. Writing is something that is in my blood; it's paternal, as my older sister does it too. Writing, it's my stress reliever, it's my psychiatrist when all else fails. It's my go-to person. It's who and what I'm able to be brutally honest with about what I sincerely want out of this life.

So, what's the point of this blog? What role does girllnexxdoor play in my life, and in your life, aside from a uber cute blog title? What's the mission? What's the purpose. What's the point of it all?

I didn't bother to consider this until I came across another blog, by a different author, who quite possibly without knowing, sparked something in me. Questioned me to question myself on why is it that I do this. What is this to me and more importantly, what do I want this to be everyone else? To whomever decides to follow or link or like or discuss or copy and paste passages into tweets and statuses.

Ironically, my mother asked me the same question yesterday: "So what is this blog thing you're doing now?" I couldn't answer her because I didn't know. So I thought of something quick, "Just to write. And let other people read it." But this simple response doesn't explain my sheer excitement or the excitement or comfort or inspiration that followers, likers, and readers get when they visit girllnexxdoor.


I don't like mission statements. They to me are too simple and oftentimes not pretty enough. They lack the flower and beauty of words.

This isn't your average mission statement - mission statement. girllnexxdoor is a kick-ass blog about love and relationships, life and it's downfalls, and triumphs. girllnexxdoor is a dream come true as it is fair and honest, it is sincere and gentle; it, is an outlet that is long overdue, but is right on time. I, hope and pray endlessly, that you find comfort and joy, and above all else, inspiration to keep moving when you feel that your feet have failed you, your thoughts go against you, and your heart is stuck in the middle.

This, is about love.

No comments:

Post a Comment