About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
I suck at bios. Am horrible at telling interesting things about myself without embarassing myself at the same time. So I stick to the basics: My mind is forever active; always thinking and asking questions. I enjoy reading. Love writing. But if it were up to me, I'd love for a lifetime because love, is an animal that as untamed as it is, it's perfect.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Talking to Myself

we don't have this thing down pat yet, but damnit if we're not trying. amateurs working our best to be pros. but while we try to figure this game called life out, we're going to live life like everyday is our last and love til' the end...

The cards have not displayed perfect hands. Straight 21. A full house or every Ace in the deck. Yet you play and play and play.

The older I get, the more I become grateful and forever thankful for this life all because my God has been gracious enough to keep me here. And let me tell you something: because we are human beings, because warm blood sometimes flow thru cold bodies, does not give us the right nor does experience or skill give us the permission to decide or predict someone's life. And I say that to say this, 25 years ago, a 16 year old girl from the projects of Philadelphia delivered a baby girl, but was told to say goodbye because she had less than 24 hours to live - nearly twenty-five years ago. 

The baby girl was me.

No one knows yourself better or more than you, no matter how much others think they know, you're your best friend and dearest confidant next to the God you serve. Your plate is full and your struggles plenty, but somehow, you get thru these days and close your eyes at night knowing you were your best you, that, the you today is surely better than the you yesterday. A dreamer beyond what people may even know, we don't even want to take over the world, we just want to make a difference. We could care less about being rich, we want wealth, comfort, peace, and love.

Most people would have given up a long time ago. Your closet isn't necessarily filled with skeletons, but the emotions are plenty and some are tough, raw. But like its been said, you don't know a man (or woman) until you've walked a mile in their shoes. And a mile in your shoes is simply a mile full of eternal love.


I live for love. And nothing more. Nothing else. Love is why this blog even exists. Love of the English language. Love of the people in my life. Love of the art of writing. Self-love. Shared loved. Imagined love. Past loves. And new ones that haven't even been birthed yet. For me, love is indeed just that deep. I love love songs. Romance. Passion. Intimacy. The things that make your heart feel like it's skipped a beat and your toes cramp from curling so much, so hard. I, create scenarios in my mind of love

No, my life is not necessarily what or where I want it to be, but one thing for sure, and two for certain, it is where it's supposed to be. And for that, I'm grateful and forever indebited to my God for keeping me. I don't know where I'm headed, but I've spent enough time in my 25 years down to know that I'm headed up and no other place than that. I can say without a benefit of doubt, I truly love my life and I love, adore, and appreciate the people who share time, space, and energy with me in these days spent.

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment