About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
I suck at bios. Am horrible at telling interesting things about myself without embarassing myself at the same time. So I stick to the basics: My mind is forever active; always thinking and asking questions. I enjoy reading. Love writing. But if it were up to me, I'd love for a lifetime because love, is an animal that as untamed as it is, it's perfect.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Give Our Roses In the Present, as Presents


Embrace whatever your story is. Embrace it. Cherish it. Share it. 

We've all grown up together, in some way or fashion, some association or another. When we met, we were girls. And when we get together these days, it's as women.

The women above are my best, truest and only friends as we gathered to celebrate my mother and stepfather's nuptials; 1 is missing as we were awaiting the birth of my amazingly handsome but stubborn godson. It doesn't hit us how much time has passed or even how much we've grown and matured until we've gotten together like this, in this sort of capacity. Some of us weren't even in our teens when we met, but we were surely unaware of the lives we would lead as the years would progress. And furthermore, the crucial roles we would play in the lives of one another.

Thru the years, we've experienced a lot and much of it in the form of raw emotions that sometimes, have gone awry. From arguments that have served as roadblocks due to our immaturity and inability to communicate properly to learning what it means to allow one another to express ourselves without pushing our own beliefs and mindsets on another. It's all been about growth and ushering one another along on this journey.

I love these women. As they have truly surpassed being just friends, but, they're my sisters, they're family. They are who I go to when life does its own thing. They are who have wiped my tears, cheered me on, and offered shots in between. They've given me themselves with no questions asked and nothing required in return. And in that, their friendships further prove that the best things in life truly are free.

  


“The most called-upon prerequisite of a friend is an accessible ear.” -Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment