About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, PA, United States
I suck at bios. Am horrible at telling interesting things about myself without embarassing myself at the same time. So I stick to the basics: My mind is forever active; always thinking and asking questions. I enjoy reading. Love writing. But if it were up to me, I'd love for a lifetime because love, is an animal that as untamed as it is, it's perfect.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Unrecognizable

i
searched
and waited
but you never came back.
i
traveled
to the end of time
and checked the beginning of it all
in hopes
to re-discover
you
and thus, us.
i
prayed for the ability
to re-dream dreams once dreamt
to get a glimpse of the you
and us
i remember-
the us that challenged the world
and re-designed
what young love
looked
and felt like;
gave the world
something to talk about,
something to study on
and dissect
in attempts to figure out
what was it
that made us
tick
and buzz
like bumbling busy bees buzzing
and screaming our names-
etching our existence
permanently
into the realm of time
so that lifetimes from now
we
would still exist.

but yet,
i
could not find us.
i
could not seek what i sought
nor re-dream dreams once dreamt about
i
could not re-create
re-design
re-conform or confirm
the love
that i know
we
created.

none of these things was
i
able to find.
yet,
i turn over
in our bed
and i see your face,
but i cannot
do-not
recognize
the lover
nor the love
that
i know
was built with
and by my maimed hands
river bed of tears
and my ear curling screams
begging
for survival
for the us
that shall last
for lifetimes to come,
for histories to study us
and for lovers to mimic the best of us.

i search
and i seek
the you
i once recognized.

jill scott
cross my mind
beautifully human part I

No comments:

Post a Comment